Make catching swarms and rasing queens easier with these five frame assembled, primed and painted deep (9-5/8") nucleus hives:
- DIMENSIONS 9-5/8 high x 9-1/8 wide x 19-7/8 long
- Quality construction out of kiln dried Northwest Ponderosa Pine.
- Innovative design with special 1-5/8" top box joint for added strength.
- Pre-assembled with staples for superior shape and durability.
- READ MORE ABOUT PARAFFIN/ROSIN DIPPED BOXES: After assembly, 100% of the box is submerged into the pre-heated solution which extracts moisture from the wood cells and the solution penetrates those cells acting as a sealant.
- WHY IS THERE MORE WAX ON DIFFERENT PARTS OF THE BOX, AND LESS WAX ON OTHER PARTS? The cambium and cells of the wood are not all the same size; some cells are larger than others thereby absorbing more (or less) wax, but rest assured, the entire box is weatherproofed.